FAIR Cocktail Competition 2018
IN SUSTAINABILITY WE TRUST
We are very excited to announce the first ever global cocktail competition run by FAIR.
The Australian winner will be sent on a once in a lifetime trip to Bolivia in April 2019, with the winners from Germany, France, Hong Kong and the UK.
You are invited to be part of a global movement and create the most ethical cocktail of all, in line with the FAIR. ethos.
DATES TO REMEMBER
– Entries open 12.00am, 1st May 2018
– Entries close at 11.59pm on 11th June 2018
– Top 8 finalists will be announced on 19th June 2018
– Final, date & location TBC
– Trip to Bolivia in April 2019
The Australian winner will be sent to Bolivia on an all-expenses paid trip, along with the winners of other countries. This will not be an ordinary touristy vacation, but a once in a lifetime experience right off the beaten track, going deep into rural Bolivia to witness farmers harvesting the quinoa that goes into our delicious vodka.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Round 1: Submission – from 01/05 until 12/06
To enter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. The Cocktail: method & recipe and one high resolution photo to be used for social media leading up to the final
2. Brand Advocacy: how do you plan to promote the cocktail, the amazing story and the brand that is FAIR. Think social media, posters, cocktail specials and menu placement.
3. FAIR Ethos: being FAIR means making ethical, sustainable and socially responsible choices. Tell us how you and your venue upholds the same values.
Round 2: National Final
At the end of the qualifying period, the top 8 finalists will meet (venue tbc) for the National Final. This will be run as a traditional cocktail competition with a small (probably not small) party to celebrate.
Top 8 Finalists:
Serena Bondi – Mr and Mrs G Riverbar, Brisbane QLD
Valerio Conti – Noosa Waterfront, Noosaville QLD
Lachlan Gunner – Wilhelmina’s, Balmain NSW
Daniel Hilton – Lobo Plantation, Sydney NSW
Jonathan Minihan – Beneath Driver Lane, Melbourne VIC
Bonnie Nicol – The Woods of Windsor, Melbourne VIC
Marl Shannon – Varnish on King, Perth WA
Vincent Valliere – Pelicano, Sydney NSW
– Minimum of 30mL of FAIR. product used in cocktail.
– The cocktail cannot contain more than 2.5 standard drinks.
– Open to bartenders working in Australia only.
– Have the cocktail advertised for a month on your venue cocktail list/special.
– Competitors must be ready to compete at the final in Canberra. Trip will be organised by Noble Spirits.
– The top 8 finalists agree to feature their cocktail on their cocktail list for 3 months.
– Each of the finalists will have 3 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to present their cocktail at the final.
– All ingredients, except the FAIR. products, are provided by the competitors.
– Noble Spirits has the right to use all recipes and drink images submitted in this competition. Creators will be credited, so please provide details in submissions.
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR THE FIRST ROUND
– FAIR Cocktail: up to 40pts
– FAIR Ethos: up to 30pts
– FAIR Promotion through in-house and social media marketing: up to 30pts
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR THE FINAL
– The drink name (out of 5 points)
– Taste and balance of flavours in the recipe (out of 20 points)
– Culinary skills, including consideration of how easy it is to replicate around the world (out of 10 points)
– Originality of recipe, method innovation and ingredients (out of 10 points)
– Presentation of the drink and of the competitor (out of 10 points)
– Presentation of the aspect of local culture that inspired the drink’s creation (out of 20 points)
– Respect of the theme (out of 10 points)
– Use of FAIR. Liqueurs (out of 10 points)
– Use of FAIR. Spirits (vodka, rum, gin) (out of 5 points)
Get Social and Share the FAIR:
Facebook: facebook.com/fairspirits // Instagram: @fairdrinks // Twitter: @fairdrinks
Facebook: facebook.com/noblespiritsanz // Instagram: @noblespirits //Twitter: @NobleSpirits